North Film Co. has been steadily growing each year since opening, so it's always interesting to hear about our roots and what has driven us to where we are today.
North Film Co. was originally founded in 2001 as “Northern Output” by CEO Russ De Jong and steadily started growing as a one-stop-shop for video productions. In 2015 after meeting director Cat Hostick the company started to take off with Cat being an integral piece of the puzzle. The name “North Film Co.” was taken on and the power couple in life and business started building the empire it is today.
North Film Co. helped to forge over 50 feature films & television shows in over 15 countries while establishing a deep history of success. Our shooting has spanned from the skyscrapers of Toronto to the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. We endured the extreme conditions of Northern Ontario in -40C(-104F) on a frozen lake to +53C(127.4F) in the sweltering heat of the New Mexico desert!
North Film Co.
North Film Co.
North Film Co.'s office is based in Oakville, ON just steps from the Go Station With over 10 work stations, an ADR booth, audio suites, edit suites, and colouring suites North Film Co. has a fantastic facility ready for productions.
What you need to know about North Film Co. and what sets us apart is a few simple points:
1) We create high end videos for Feature Films, Commercials, Music Videos and Television Shows.
2) We operate primarily as an "All in one" style production company, this allows us to quality control everything we touch.
3) We also service provide individual services when needed.
4) We have a VAST collection of resources that we own. This is one of the main ways we can create such high quality content for very competitive prices.
5) We have in-house staff which is another main way that allows us to create cost-efficient high quality videos.
6) Team lead by an ambitious CEO with over 17yrs of on-set experience, a thirst for hard work. Russ De Jong averaged 320+ days a year on set and over 100 different jobs a year in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 alone!
7) Track record... So many examples of the calibre of our work, shown on this website, on TV and on the Internet.
MESSAGE FROM CEO
North Film Co. was created out of my desire to create a fun, safe and efficient place to make high-quality videos. Using my extensive on-set experience paired with my long history in post production and producing I started to model a business with an "All in One" approach that would stand out in the market.
From the ground up North Film Co. breaks the mold of most traditional productions that rely heavily on temporary workers, detached departments and excessive rentals. By owning ALL of the equipment required for a production, paired with in-house staff, productions become almost instantly more efficient and fun to execute. The cost savings alone from eliminating the need for co-ordinating rentals, pick up's, prep and return are massive! The results of in-house teams are a strong short-hand with expertise on our equipment as they have unlimited access and training with our specific setups.
By having a project lead by someone who has done and thoroughly understands ALL aspects of production it resolves the issue of un-informed requests and allows for every person on set to make better decisions as they understand the full workflow, not just their individual job as often at North Film Co. the team responsible for pre-productions often has a role in shooting and post.
I work with our team start to finish beside them through the full process and am a big believer in leading from within and by example...
- CEO Russ De Jong